Delivery using City-Link Express. It should be arrived in 3-5 working days.
~Description / table of content~
1. An Overview of Nutrition. Highlight: Nutrition Information and Misinformation–On the Net and in the News.
2. Planning a Healthy Diet. Highlight: Vegetarian Diets.
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Transport. Highlight: Common Digestive Problems.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches, and Fibers. Highlight: Carbs, Calories, and Controversies.
5. The Lipids: Triglycerides, Phospholipids, and Sterols. Highlight: High-Fat Foods–Friend or Foe?
6. Protein: Amino Acids. Highlight: Nutritional Genomics.
7. Metabolism: Transformations and Interactions. Highlight: Alcohol and Nutrition.
8. Energy Balance and Body Composition. Highlight: Eating Disorders.
9. Weight Management: Overweight, Obesity, and Underweight. Highlight: The Latest and Greatest Weight-Loss Diet–Again.
10. The Water-Soluble Vitamins: B Vitamins and Vitamin C. Highlight: Vitamin and Mineral Supplements.
11. The Fat-Soluble Vitamins: A, D, E, and K. Highlight: Antioxidant Nutrients in Disease Prevention. 12. Water and the Major Minerals. Highlight: Osteoporosis and Calcium.
13. The Trace Minerals. Highlight: Phytochemicals and Functional Foods.
14. Fitness: Physical Activity, Nutrients, and Body Adaptations. Highlight: Supplements as Ergogenic Aids.
15. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy and Lactation. Highlight: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
16. Life Cycle Nutrition: Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence. Highlight: Childhood Obesity and the Early Development of Chronic Diseases.
17. Life Cycle Nutrition: Adulthood and the Later Years. Highlight: Nutrient-Drug Interactions.
18. Diet and Health. Highlight: Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
19. Consumer Concerns about Foods and Water. Highlight: Food Biotechnology.
20. Hunger and the Global Environment. Highlight: Environmentally-Friendly Food Choices. Appendix A Cells, Hormones, and Nerves. Appendix B Basic Chemistry Concepts. Appendix C Biochemical Structures and Pathways. Appendix D Measures of Protein Quality. Appendix E Nutrition Assessment. Appendix F Physical Activity and Energy Requirements. Appendix G United States: Exchange Lists. Appendix H Table of Food Composition. Appendix I WHO: Nutrition. Recommendations Canada: Choice. System and Guidelines. Appendix J Healthy People 2010. Glossary. Index. Dietary Reference Intakes. Aids to Calculations. Daily Values for Food Labels. Glossary of Nutrient Measures. Body Mass Index.