Out of stock
Delivery using J&T. The cost depends on the rate as provided by J&T.
Not refundable due to human error (like scratching); else for the books that printing error, missing pages or incorrect books. Please email us at email@example.com
Learn to maximize the use of mobile devices, make the most of online tools for collaboration and communication, and fully utilize the web and cloud with the latest edition of DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2018. Clearly see how technology skills can assist you both in gaining employment and advancing your career. This edition highlights web development, how to create a strong web presence, and take full advantage of the latest Windows 10. To keep your instruction as current as possible, online coverage of contemporary technology developments builds on the book’s timely discussions. The authors provide helpful suggestions within a proven learning structure and emphasize meaningful practice to reinforce your skills. Self-assessments open each module and enable you to focus your study and learn more in less time. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS presents the key content you need to succeed, using an approach that ensures understanding.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Today’s Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
2. Connecting and Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
3. Computers and Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
4. Programs and Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
5. Digital Security, Ethics, and Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses. Focus On: Technology Timeline.
6. Computing Components: Processors, Memory, the Cloud, and More.
7. Input and Output: Extending Capabilities of Computers and Mobile Devices.
8. Digital Storage: Preserving Content Locally and on the Cloud. (supplement)
9. Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources. (supplement)
10. Communicating Digital Content: Wired and Wireless Networks and Devices. (supplement)
11. Building Solutions: Database, System, and Application Development Tools. (supplement)
12. Working in the Enterprise: Systems, Certifications, and Careers. (supplement)
Focus On: Web Development. Appendix A: Technology Acronyms. Appendix B: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems